Christmas 2013

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Celebrating 40~~!!~~

I have just had an awesome 40th Birthday Weekend. Friday I was loved at my school. 'The Pod' (4 teachers of 2 & 3 year olds) gave me a basket of martini glasses, a shaker, and appletini mix. I got a decorative glass and cosmo mix from my secret sister. I received many hugs from little bodies. A sweet card from the 2 year olds of all their hand prints. My mom helped me prepare the few finger food items I had. We had Pioneer Woman pico de gallo, guacomoli(sp) and Sangria. To my PW friends if you haven't had an opportunity to try these recipes fine one. I was so worried about being stuck with this huge bowl of Sangria and ferminting fruit. Didn't happen they drank it all. It was sooooo good. My appletinis were a hit as well. I had tons of friends show up and bring their husbands. We had so much fun. Tom and I enjoyed staying at the suite. Saturday morning we attended the last 2 basketball games for the season. Then ate lunch with the kids and my parents. The boys went to the farm to finish out the weekend and Audrey went to Tom's brother's house. That evening Beth took Audrey to a slumber party and picked her up this morning. Tom and I visited the shops downtown around the Inn. Ate at a new restaurant in town. Back to the Inn to enjoy sitting on our porch and listening to music. Then off dancing. I love the StageCoach Saloon and Dance Hall. It has had a little name change. Well it may have been called this for awhile I just hadn't noticed. It's always been called the Old Coach. The music is always great and most always easy to dance to. What we don't dance to we watch and that's always fun too.
We had lunch today at Olive Garden and a little shopping at Dillards. I went in for jeans came out with a big bag of clothes but....no jeans. Tom once again found things that looked better on me than I thought they would. The kids came home. Played some Wii, finished up a few projects for Young Scholars day at school this Friday. Then we went to the park for some baseball practicing. Ran into the neighbors and enjoyed some fun with the boys.
Now it's 11p and back to the real world tomorrow. Best cash it in. Enjoy the slide show.
Thanks JJ for taking the camera once again and getting some good pics to remember the evening by.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Celebrating 40
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox

No comments: