Christmas 2013

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pumpkin Hammering!

Do I have your attention? Yes, we hammered pumpkins. We have also put stickers on them, carried them to school in our backpacks, and rolled them down the hall.

But, hammering them was the most fun. I found a kit at Wal-Mart that has a hammer and these lite brite type pegs. Each kid picked out a pumpkin at the Pumpkin patch and last night we started hammering them. First you haveto dig out the guts.

Then you mark your pattern on the pumpkin, place your pegs, and Hammer!

Due to Moms poor planning we ran out of pegs. Silly me, I thought we could do 4 pumpkins with two packages (100 pegs). I made a run to Wal-Mart today and found some more kits. Snoot and Snot are patiently awaiting Diva and Wonks return from school. After homework and before religion class we will go out and hammer in the extra pegs. See future post for completed pumpkins.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
xoxo
Amy & the Herd

No comments: