Christmas 2013

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The things kids say

This morning, like most mornings, I was still in pj's when taking kids to school. You know, flannel pants, long sleeve shirt. We were running late so I decided to park on the left hand side of the street (two lane one way) and walk the kids across instead of waiting in the very very long line. I get out and gather my herd.
Joseph "MOM! You're in your sleepers. People will look at you."
Yes dear I know. Let's go!" I like to walk them across. We get to the sidewalk and Joseph says.
"Don't come with us in your sleepers." I guess mom in her light green flannel pants and bright pink shirt was too much for him. How embarrassing for a big boy of 6 years and 1 day!


2 comments:

Therese said...

lol. did you really go to the school in your pajamas?

Herd Momma said...

Yes Mame'. Atleast they were long pants. Today when I dropped William at Theatre class I heard a mom exclaim - I'm wearing pajama shorts!

I have gone to school in my sleepers more than once lately. Not sleeping well then can't seem to get it together and get to school on time.
But, I don't usually get out of the truck.