Christmas 2013

Monday, May 4, 2009

A beautiful Day

We had a nice weekend.
Saturday was a fun relaxing day. I laid low, some. I started coughing bad Friday night. I am hoarse, my throat hurts, my chest hurts, and I'm coughing up yucky green bitter tasting ick. I go to the doctor at 10:30 this morning. I hated calling sick to the preschool. Seems like when many are down either me or one of my kids is also hit and I am no help at the school.
Saturday evening I went to the benefit for Chad. I took some $$ and shopped at the bake sale. I saw Heidi yesterday evening and she said the preliminary amount count is around $20,000. I tear up everytime I think of it. Chad is doing well and hoping to get into the doctor in Dallas soon.
Yesterday was our church festival. We have a big bar-b-que dinner with sausage, brisket, mashed potatoes, green beans. Kids games, bingo, arts and crafts, auction, raffle. Lots of fun. Rain was forecasted and I know many were worried it would ruin our day. Well the Good Lord listens to his people. We had a perfect day. William worked in the go fish booth. Audrey and I manned the basket toss booth. J&J hung out for awhile then Tom took them home. Tom worked on cleaning up the carport and measuring out sheet rock. He also worked his engineering math skills to figure out where to place the recessed lighting in the living room.

Festival T-shirts.


I WON~!~ Again! James


Audrey working hard at the basket toss. She was up and down and handing out prizes. She worked hard.



William working 'hard' in the Go Fish booth.


They had saved a few tickets to play bingo after their shifts. Audrey usually wins a round but, she usually has more time too.


We combined our last 4 tickets to play the blackout game to win an icecream freezer. We missed it by 3 numbers. Shoot. William is now ready to head to Wal-Mart to get one. I have never made homemade icecream. Guess there is a first time for everything.

Any ideas on what brand/kind/type I should get?

I'm going to go lay down again. Then off to the doctor. Tonight is t-ball and Audrey's Girl scout troop is responsible for running an event for little girls. Sure hope there are some extra moms around today to help. I'm not feeling much up for it.







1 comment:

Mythreesons said...

You need to stay home and rest! Yuck! I hate being sick. Caleb and Jared are home with a weird virus. Fever (low grade), headache, sore throat, and dizziness. I think it must be what Aaron had last week. It's Mother's Day Tea week though I don't have time to be sick!