Christmas 2013

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trip to the Hamper

It never ceases to amaze me how one day after finally getting the 3 baskets of clothes folded and put away I am attacked on my next trip to the hamper. I go to put something in and it comes flying right back at me. The darn thing is over flowing AGAIN.
So this morning I am sitting on the floor in front of the hamper singing my hamper diddy as I pull down the tower of clothing.

dark....dark......light!.....dark....red....bright!
white.....red.....toy!
light......jeans....jeans....jeans.....jeans.....jeans.......(no wonder they were crying for pants this morning)
jeans....jeans.....red....light...white.....remote! (Aha! I knew it's show up some day.)
light....bright....dark....white...white....white....white....white.....(guess this is why they didn't have any socks either!)
dark....dark.....EEWWWWWWWW (Don't look. I don't want to know.)
bright...light....white...white...jeans...jeans...dark...dark....
toy....hanger....white...red...bright!~
PEEE EWWWW.....I told them to put wet sleepers in the laundry room!! Nasty!
Well. That's the jist of it. Sound familiar or is it just me?

I subbed for the floater yesterday. What fun! I helped with snacks, lunch, crafts. Fell in love with at least 10 more kids. My favorite for the day was a little boy in the 2 1/2 year old room. He has longish very blonde hair, little round glasses and cute as a bug. At lunch he turns to me with 1/4 of a pickle in his mouth and tries to ask me to open his fruit snacks.
A little girl in the 2 year old room is going to be recruited to come clean my house. Her mom is a teacher at the school and they live a few blocks away from me. She was very busy with her whippy cleaning up after everybody, even if they weren't finished. I told her she could come clean my house any day.
I learned which kid in Mrs. M's room you give the craft supplies to and step back because it is a total "Me Do" situation and you don't want to mess with him. And which kid prefers you to handle the gluey craft.
Gotta run! Book Fair at school this morning.!
xoxo
Amy

No comments: