Christmas 2013

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Bless Your Heart Day.

De-Etta at Choosing Joy has a post on her blog regarding big families. Families of multiple children often receive very negative comments from the public. One of my favorite comments is "Glad it's you and not me." Because my favorite response is ME TOO!
Now there are many days I'd happily sit them on the curb with a free for the taking sign on them. But, just as quickly I know that I'd miss them terribly and that even with all the drama that accompanies 4 kids. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
So on those days of wanting to sit them on the curb I load them up instead. This was always fun when the babies were small. I would have all 4 kids a buggy and head into the store for a Bless Your Heart Day.
Now you do this on a weekday morning. The grocery store or Wal-Mart are good places to go. You will see all the other stay at home moms and retirees. You are guaranteed at least 5-10 Bless Your Hearts. The good kind. Seeing older ladies smile at the kids. Older Gentlemen make jokes with them. Etc.... are all worth it. They will say things like Bless your heart. You have your hands full. Are they all yours? What a group. I will make a witty comment like "They are all mine." "They are great." "We went for three and rolled up doubles. It's great." They will say Twins? Yep, they are a hand full but I highly recommend getting a set.
The other comments, well you just feel sorry for those people. They are jealous. For every person that thinks big families are nuts. There are childless couples out there that would gladly welcome a large family. So just smile, and if you're lucky enough to get the Glad it's you not me comment. Proudly raise you head and reply ME TOO.
Then head around the corner and find the next old kind face.
So go forth my friends and MULTIPLY!

No comments: