Christmas 2013

Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: 4th of July 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook




We had a very nice 4th of July weekend. Our town has a symphony. On the 3rd they have a concert and FW show on the river that runs through town. The city built a very nice stage area many years ago and have been slowly improving the area around it. This year we didn't all go down to the stage area. Audrey went with a friend. Tom, the boys and I decided to go down later and watch from the top of a parking garage. You miss some of the stand displays, flag, and FW waterfall off the bridge. But good.

Then on the 4th there is a great show at the lake. They are set off at the Airforce Base rec camp there. We went out at 5pm so we could swim, play, eat, and get a decent spot. New rule: If you arrive at place that was awesome last year but this year there are alot more 'camp' sites around where people have been drinking all day. Find new spot. Yahoos are too stupid to know that firework, vehicles, and dry grass are not a good combo. Several groups when stopped when Tom told them it was illegal to set them off. One rougher/larger group growled and said "You don't like people to have fun..." So Tom and his brother walked off. And Duh...we were right by the big road that brings everybody out, including cops. But, in truth it is not an easy night for them. And trying to determine who set off what where is basically impossible. Next year I just vote we get a big water truck, a long hose and when we start to see them go off we just hose down the whole area. :) That or choose a different area.

Well I didn't mean to get on my soap box. The kids did have a great time and we were very lazy yesterday. My toe is still hurting. No I don't know what I did. I'm afraid it might be arthritist. The nerve in my neck is still killing me and hurts down through my elbow and right hand. I am going to do my best to stay off the computer and not crochet today. There is plenty of house work to keep me busy.

No comments: